Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ain't No Mountain High Enough...

You don't even know how much I love Diana Ross. So much that my girlfriends Ellen Rouse Werner and Sarah Snyder Hyle and I formed a Diana Ross cover group. We would entertain our friends at sleepovers with our rendition of Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Stop in the Name of Love (my personal favorite), Love Hangover, etc... I thougt she was GORGEOUS and I wanted to look just like her. I still do. There are a few problems with that, none the least of which is that I'm a little too pale.

Today, I am missing Lillie Jane something fierce and for some reason the song Someday We'll Be Together keeps coming to mind. As I was listening to this song on Youtube, I thought of all the great times I used to have with my girls, just singing along to this timeless music. So hope I get to see her in person one more time before she permanently retires. Last time I saw her was about 10 years ago in Atlanta, Ga.

No comments:

Post a Comment